Are you looking for a safer and better alternative to use as fertilizer as opposed to the chemical-based products made today. Then you might want to use worm castings for supplementing your garden soil and plants. Castings from red wiggler worms have been recognized as a natural fertilizer that is packed with a lot of nutrients and minerals. Worm castings contains minerals such as concentrated nitrates, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and phosphorus. Worm castings are also a 100% organic fertilizer that can increase a plant’s yield, protect both soil and plants from diseases, help the soil retain moisture and wont burn your plants.
Main reasons to use worm castings :
- Plants grow faster – Seeds germinate faster and plants sprout faster than in regular soil
- Soil aeration – The structure of worm castings is difficult to compact down like ordinary soil creating more airflow and in return makes plants grow faster
- Water retention – Worm castings are super absorbent retaining moisture much better than ordinary soil which could lead up to 50% water saving
- 100% Organic – Worm castings are completely natural containing no chemicals or pesticides
- No heavy metals – Red wiggler worms have the ability to absorb heavy metals during the vermiculture process
- Wont burn plants – some chemical fertilizers tend to burn plants because of their high nitrogen content
- Natural pesticide – worm castings have a natural pesticide effect on plants grown in castings
- Increased yield – Many studies have shown an increase in crop yields by 25%
Use castings to brew your very own worm tea. The fresher your worm tea the better!